Sometimes my accident prone nature can cause me to get into some terrible situations. Once I accidentally knocked over a cup full of water directly onto an electrical outlet. Sparks shot out of the outlet and all of the power in that room turned off. I thought the outlet would catch fire, but luckily that didn’t happen. I wasn’t foolish enough to try to repair it myself. I looked through the list of good electricians in NJ and found one that would be able to repair the damage I had done for a fair price.
When I told the electrician what I had done, he wasn’t too surprised. Given his line of work, he’s seen a lot of people do thing accidentally that cause problems in their home. This was the first time he had heard of an adult spilling water on a socket. Usually he would get calls about children doing what I did, but the adults were usually more careful. He knew just what needed to be done to fix my problem. Of course, when he got to my home, he was faced with a bigger task than what he thought he would have to do.
The electrician didn’t know that I still had an old fuse box in my home instead of a circuit breaker. I wanted him to change over the box into a breaker so that I wouldn’t have to keep buying fuses every time one of them went out. He knew how to install a circuit breaker too, so it was just a little more extra time added to the repair job. Once the breaker was put in, then he went to work on the socket. He took the old one out and put a new one in its place. The new one came with a special switch to close it when it wasn’t being used.